At Future Facilities, we’re committed to developing the best thermal simulation products on the market. With rapidly changing technology demands and emerging design trends, continuous development is vital to ensure that our products accurately simulate the challenges facing today’s engineers in the real-world.
To understand these challenges, we have undertaken major research projects to examine the demands and expectations of modern thermal engineers. From our Heat is On research that surveyed over 350 design engineers to our State of Thermal research that surveyed 170 simulation specialists, we are committed to understanding both our customers’ needs and the wider market as a whole.
This year, we wanted to refine our understanding by examining the specific needs of those working throughout various sectors of the electronics industry. Through a series of ‘Thermal Focus’ groups, we are bringing together thermal experts from some of the world’s leading brands to discuss their current thermal simulation challenges and the trends that they believe will shape the future of electronics and thermal design.
Starting with electronics in IT, we brought together a panel of leading experts, including:
• Jennifer DeLaOsa, Associate Editor, ECN Magazine
• Chris Aldnam, Product Manager, 6SigmaET
• Saket Karaiqikar, Senior Thermal Engineer, Facebook
• Enesto Ferrer, Senior Thermal Engineer, HP Enterprise,
• Steven Schon, Chief Technology Officer, QuantaCool
• Gary Testa, President & CEO, Engineered Fluids
• Tom Crast, Director of Engineering, CommScope
• Jason Matteson, Senior Solutions Architect, Vertiv
• Bahgat Sammakia, Professor Mechnical Engineering, Binghamton University
Over the course of three hours, this panel discussed the key electronics challenges facing the IT industry, as well as the new AI, IoT, 5G and edge computing technologies that represent the largest emerging opportunities.